Shared Hosting Solutions Description
A shared hosting service applies to saving and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server handled by a shared hosting provider. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's examine these. In this way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you desire to have a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
Unlimited websites hosted
Unlimited websites hosted
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting system would distribute the workload between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous shared hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a great quantity of pics with pals or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your email accounts. Some companies provide shared hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a site, then the e-mail shared hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domain name. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to operate as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a website. To some extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email addresses, upload videos, etc. At Innovative Technology Concepts you can have a peek at shared shared hosting and dedicated server packages that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared web hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content only.